The Swiss Mothers’ stew revisited with a hint of coffee. A delight that hits the mark in succulent ravioli!
- 2 rolls of noodle dough
- 1 lb. lamb stew (shoulder)
- 1 onion, 1 carrot and ½ celery
- 1 tbsp of tomato puree
- 3/4 cup of good red wine
- 1 cup veal stock
- 1/3 cup of very strong coffee like Il Piacere
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp of sunflower oil
- 50 g grated Parmesan
- salt & pepper
- 1 jar of roasted peppers
- 1 tsp Espelette pepper
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- salt & pepper
1. Wash and peel the vegetables. Cut them into cubes. Season the meat and brown it in hot oil. Take out the meat and brown the vegetables. Add the tomato puree and let sweat. Deglaze with the wine. Add the veal stock, coffee, herbs and meat.
2. Simmer for 1 hour 30 minutes. Turn off the heat and let cool.
3. Take the meat. Finely chop it, incorporating the grated cheese. Place a layer of noodle dough on a ravioli mold. Garnish with stuffing. Cover with a pastry roll. With a rolling pin, shape the ravioli. Arrange them on a floured plate while you prepare the sauce.
4. Drain the peppers. Mix them with the Espelette pepper and olive oil. Transfer to a saucepan and heat. Adjust the seasoning with salt. Keep on the fireside. Cook the ravioli for 2 minutes in a large volume of simmering salted water. Serve with the sauce and possibly some Parmesan shavings.
Cafe Il Piacere
Blend of Italian-style coffees. Scented with exquisite scents of flowers, its powerful attack on the palate is combined with sumptuous flavors of praline milk. This sublime composition, appreciated by “Barista” causes an intense feeling of pleasure.